Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Today the doorbell rang at my parent's house,

I was downstairs in the basement and their dog was growling and barking. I ran up and told Scooter to go lay down. There was a blast of Arctic wind when I opened the door, and an old woman holding a vase full of roses in one hand and a small bouquet of flowers in the other.

"I have a delivery for Cori and Hannah Robinson," she said to me, handing me the bouquets. I took them, thanked her and then closed the door.

"Hannah," I called to my daughter who ran up to me with glee when she saw that I was holding something pretty. "Someone sent you some flowers." She smiled wide. Then we opened up the card.

It read: "I didn't forget, Love Daddy."

A few weeks ago Craig was out with the kids and he bought me a rose. Hannah asked him if he would buy her a flower. He told her that sometime he would surprise her and send her flowers.
He didn't forget.


I opened up my card, and smiled. Then I took a picture with my fabulous flowers and texted it to Craig with a very enthusiastic thank you. "You made my day," I told him. And he did.


He texted me back a few minutes later and said, "Will you meet me in St. George this weekend? I can't go another day without you."

Pack my bags, I'm going to St. George.

9 comments:

Brenner Family said...

Awwwwww! That is so sweet! His last text was the kicker....im crying! Have fun in St. George!

Amy Jo said...

cori that is absolutely adorable.

Nikki said...

Holy smokes... where'd you find him again?? That is just awesome! You guys truly deserve to be with each other. What a stud! Have a great time in St. George!

Jessica Speed said...

I was about to cry, that was so sweet. Have fun in St. George.

Kaisa Bailey said...

Hopefully this weekend turns out as "magical" as you've ever dreamed.

Chelsea said...

so cute, I love it!!!!

Roger and Amy Ann Deming Family said...

You lucky gal! Hope your weekend was perfect! :) We miss you guys.

RachelBarker said...

So precious!!! Have fun in St. George

Morgan said...

Hi Cori, I'm an old friend of Robert Montierth's and stumbled upon your blog through his. I think you are an incredible writer! You should seriously consider making this blog into a book. It would definitely be a best seller!