Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Awfuls

There's one thing that Craig and I pretty much never agree on: how much to cook things. He prefers food under-cooked and all nasty and doughy, where-as I, on the other hand like things like cookies, and muffins to be a nice golden brown, or as he claims burnt to a crisp. So last night I was totally a slacker and didn't think about dinner until it was almost six, so I pulled out the old breakfast for dinner, which is very quick, and makes EVERYONE happy. I made waffles, and as we were sitting down Craig was complaining that I had burnt every single waffle and didn't leave any doughy for him...whatever! So, anyways about ten minutes later Hannah finishes eating her food, looks up at Craig and says, "Daddy, can I have more awfuls?" We totally started cracking up, and Craig looks at me and says, "How true that is..."

7 comments:

julie said...

so cute. cody still calls them awfuls too. it's too sweet to correct. :)

Carter Family said...

I love all of the cute kid words... check out my blog to hear Megan singing some all time favorites... with so many words... you will laugh! :) Marlo

Scott said...

What an adorable story! I'm excited for silly words like that to come.

P.S. How in the world can anyone eat doughy waffles? Gross:)

RachelBarker said...

I LOVE WAFFLES!!! I ate them this whole weekend. YUM.

Forever Young said...

That is hilarious...Hannah has a mind of her own and I love it!!! Ashton always says that I don't cook the noodles long enough...Whatever:)~

The Sharp Family said...

I'm totally on Craig's side with this one. Once it has more then a VERY light brown to it, it's burnt!! I actually prefer the dough of everything. When I make cookies I bake a few and the rest a make into cookie dough balls and freeze them. And that's how we eat our "cookies"!

Marc and Stacy said...

That is too cute! My husband loves the gooey middles too. I've learned I have to under bake pretty much anything from bread to cookies to pancakes. :) Cute story!