Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Munchkin Voices

Now that Carter is finally really talking, I must admit I spend most of the day laughing at what one or the other of them is saying. For some reason everything is funnier when it's coming out of a three year old with a munchkin voice. For instance, every time I tell Carter to/not to do something he answers me by saying "alright," in kind of a defeatist tone. I don't know why but this is so funny coming out of a 2 1/2 year old. As for Hannah, she little miss mommy lately, and likes to mimic everything I say. So lately, when Hannah gets in trouble, after time-out I take her aside and have her sit on my lap and we talk about what she did wrong. So today, Carter fell down when he was climbing something (of course) and Hannah walks over, sits down next to him and says, "Come here, Carter, come sit on my lap, let's have a talk." I was laughing so hard. I can tell I'm going to have fun with her... So anyway, today I was sitting there listening to their little munchkin voices as they were playing and thinking about how much I'm going to miss those sounds when they get bigger. I'll miss there funny little phrases and especially what they sound like. So often I can't wait for them to get a little bigger, so they will be less work, or stress, or I won't have to wipe bums and noses ALL THE TIME but I'm guessing that will happen fast enough. My mom says she's always homesick for her babies, even though we haven't been babies for 23 years. I think as a mother you never completely get over this stage, and for some reason I like that.

3 comments:

Megan Erickson said...

Don't they say the funniest things sometimes! So Renee has a tape of things she recorded when her kids were younger!!! It's great! I think jordan was like 3 or 4 at the time. She also wrote things down like little phrases they said or things they did! Jordan really gets after me to do the same. I try! Renee used to keep a paper taped inside a kitchen cupboard so it was easy to just jot something down! It's fun to listen to and read those things after all these years!

Scott said...

I love munchkin voices!! They are so adorable. Kids say and do the funniest things. It's amazing how quickly they learn from their parents. I've heard my Hannah say things like "um" before words and "oopps" when she drops something. I didn't even realize how much I say those words. How funny that your Hannah was trying to console Carter after he got hurt. What a smarty!

Forever Young said...

I LOVE YOUR munchkins!!! Cori, every time I read your stories about your cute cute kids, it reminds me of when we were little and how much fun we all had, playing dress up and pretending that we were moms. I still can't believe that you are a mommy, and all of our cousins are too, maybe it will seem more real when I have my little babies. P.S. Record everything with your camera!!!