Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Little Bruiser


Carter has got to be about the toughest little boy I know. In his 2 1/2 years of life he has blackened both eyes, his forehead, and given himself several bloody noses. And in each instance he cries for maybe 30 seconds and then is off to find more trouble. Today, he got another one. My mom and dad came down to watch conference with us and have dinner and I guess he was just so excited that he was running around the family room like a banchy and smack, he hit his nose right on the coffee table! Yeeeouuuch! So then it started bleeding like a war wound, and for some reason when the Robinson men get a bloody nose it lasts for like 3 hours, so anyway, an hour later we're playing outside and his nose is STILL bleeding! Every time it clotted he'd start running around and it would start bleeding again. Nice. I swear, I'm obsessed with this kid, he cracks me up. So later we're sitting at the table eating dinner with my parents and Carter's little eyes kept getting heavier and heavier, then all the sudden we look over and he's gone. We look under the table and there he is fast asleep on the bench. The funniest part came 20 minutes later when all the sudden out of nowhere, Carter's head just pops up and without a word or a look at the rest of us he just picks up his roll and starts eating again. We could not stop laughing for like 5 minutes and the whole time Carter's just eating his roll totally unaware that anyone is looking at him, then all the sudden he looks up at us and goes, "More Roll?" That's my boy...

4 comments:

Giles Fam said...

What a cute story--that literally made me laugh out loud.

The Sharp Family said...

He is so blasted cute!!! I seriously laughed forever over that! Ya got to love him!

Forever Young said...

My kids are going to love their cousin Carter. He is going to be the cool and fearless cousin. I can't wait!!!

Scott said...

He really is a tough kid. He seemed to hurt himself several times the last time I was over there, but he quickly got over it. I love the story about the dinner roll!