Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

estrogen

I spent the weekend in Park City with all of my favorite women: my four sisters, mom, sister and mother-in-law. We stayed in a luxurious Marriott with feather-everything beds, ate Italian, swam and sat in the hot tub, got caramel apples and hot cocoa, watched Mamma Mia in our hotel room and danced around on the hotel bed to Meryl Streep singing dancing queen, laughed at Pierce Brosnan's attempt at singing, stayed up ridiculously late talking, ordered room service, and spent an entire day outlet shopping and taking goofy pictures of ourselves. Oh Estrogen Rush. It was fabulous, just what I needed.

I'm actually not psycho-- but I look like it here.



Yeah, that's snow in the background... welcome to October in Utah.


Waiting outside the dressing room.

no one can say the Meaker women don't know how to shop.
Ladies: same time- same place, next year.


And then I got to come home to this: 3 cute kids and the perfect husband, (who had watched all the kids, cleaned the whole house floor to ceilings, did all the laundry, and washed all the sheets). I'm spoiled.


The one casualty of the weekend. Look closely, that's an actual IRON MARK, on our duvet. And yes, it was Craig's handy work. It's too cliched. It's too perfect.

5 comments:

JessieC said...

Wow! That sounds like the perfect weekend. What more could you want?

Marc and Stacy said...

Awesome! I so need one of those weekends! How fun! And how awesome to come home to a nice clean house. Heaven.

Giles Fam said...

oh....Sorry I missed such a fun weekend! It was probably nice to have a little family get-away, though. You guys put together the best book club ever! Thanks for letting me be a part of it

Forever Young said...

One of the most awesome weekends ever. I loved every minute of it, and can't wait for next year.

RachelBarker said...

Nice work girls! Looked like a blast. I'm thinking I need to plan one of those!