Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

the woman in me.

I read this book 3 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant with Carter. I loved it. It's one of those books that stays with you.

Last night I went and saw the movie. I cried. A lot. Just like I did in the book. It was a beautiful movie. Womanly, motherly. It made me think about the role of mother that the Lord has blessed us women with. Our innate ability to nurture, and to love. How natural it is for a woman to love. It's born in us, and it is a beautiful attribute that is so unique to women. Every woman is a mother, whether they have children or not. I love being a woman. I love crying and loving and rocking and holding and feeling everything. I love feeling my babies soft little bodies nuzzled up to my chest. I love that I need to be touched, hugged. I love that my kids need to be snuggled as much as I do. It's a good arrangement. I love that when I'm doing my hard-core ab-workout trying to get a solid stomach and my baby crawls over and lays his head on my tummy, all I want to do is melt into a soft squishy mommy again and cuddle with him. I love the woman, the mother in me. If you haven't, I suggest reading the book and then going to see the movie. It will stay with you too.






3 comments:

Nikki said...

I can't wait to read it. I didn't realize there was a book. I am always looking for good things to read. THanks for the tip!!

Anonymous said...

Cori,
One of my favorite books. We actually love a lot of the same books.

mommy said...

loved the book - enjoyed the movie!
aunt kathy