Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

three


Dear Carter,

You turned 3 yesterday. Mommy started crying when we said prayers and thanked Heavenly Father for you. You are so special. I knew you would have a sweet disposition when you were in my tummy. I could feel your little spirit sitting on my shoulder the whole 9 months you were with me. I screamed at the nurse when I was pushing you out, that surprised your daddy. It hurt so bad, but when you finally came out I felt the most overwhelming joy. You were such an angel baby. You never cried, never whined. You were such a good eater, and you were always happy and smiling and so patient. I always felt like you were saying, "it's okay mom, I'll wait until you have time for me." You used to take naps with me on the couch in the afternoon, and you would snuggle up into my chest. You learned how to crawl at six months and walk at ten, and you haven't stopped since. You are such a physical little boy. You can climb on just about anything. Such a little climber, just like your dad. You're extremely independent, and intense. But you're still easy-going like you were when you were a baby. You're busy, but not emotional. You never demand a lot of attention. If you want bread, you just climb up and get it. If you want to wear your shoes you just go get them and put them on. And you love horses, okay, you're obsessed with them. You have been since your daddy took you riding on Grandpa's horses when you were 18 months old, and it's been all horses all the time ever since.







Yesterday, you wore your dinosaur shirt with your camo jacket and the new shoes aunt Tashi got you for your birthday. You said they make you run fast. I made you a cake with horses on it. You wanted to eat it all day. You had trouble waiting, but you did. We had homemade birthday pizza, and played pin the tail on the horsey and musical chairs. You didn't really understand how to play that game. Every time we took a chair away, you'd go back and get it. You didn't want Daddy to not have a chair. We opened presents. You got dinosaurs, a truck, a bow and arrow, batman jammies, a horsey movie and a new BIKE. You weren't too excited about the clothes. You love the bike. We finally ate your cake and ice cream. Daddy let you stay up late watching the horsey movie, and you went to sleep with the truck in your arms. Today you took your bike out for her maiden voyage. You did fabulous. Happy Birthday, Carter. We love you.

11 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

What a doll! He is seriously so cute and looks so cuddly! Happy Birthday Carter!

Giles Fam said...

Holy cow! I remember when we came and visited you guys right after you got out of the hospital with Carter! That is SOOO crazy. He's not even mine, and it feels like time has flown by. What a cute, little boy you have!

Maran said...

He is SO cute! Happy birthday Carter!

I can't believe Ethan is going to be 1 this week, too. Time goes by so fast.

Forever Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forever Young said...

Cori, I couldn't stop laughing at some of those hilarious photos of your cute little munchkin. Ashton and I particuarly liked the PJ, bow'n'arrow, and Bike ensamble.
Message for Carter: Please Read to him.

Carter,
I hope you know, and always remember, how much your aunt Meghan and uncle Ashton truly adore and love you. I remember when your mommy told me she was pregnant with you, and I remember the feeling that filled me at that moment. The feeling told me that you were very special:) Ashton and I will always be here for you, no matter what. Love you Carter Man!!! Hope your birthday was as awesome and amazing and you are.
The Youngs

Tashina said...

Happy Birthday Carter Man!!! Your aunt Tashi loves you so much. I'm so glad you had a fun birthday. Thanks for coming and playing with me last week. I can't wait to see you again and give you the rest of your birthday present. I love you Carter.

Love,

Aunt Tashi

julie said...

this is a very sweet tribute to your little boy. and thanks for posting all of those great pictures of your sisters and cute mom. i love them all. :)

Marc and Stacy said...

What a sweet post to a sweet little boy. I loved it...you're posts are always so sweet and uplifting. I love how much you love your role as a mommy...it's the best.

Happy Birthday Carter!

P.S. I can't believe you have two 3 or older, and I don't even have one over 3!!!

autumn said...

I know I've mentioned this before, but seriously, that could've been Jared in those baby pictures. Crazy that they look so much a like.

Anyway, Happy Birthday! Three is pretty exciting!

JessieC said...

Cadence turns three on sunday, doesn't it go by too fast!!